Top 10 Travel Hacks That Will Change Your Life
POSTED BY Mavy | August 11, 2015
Label: Travel Tips
There's nothing more exciting than experiencing something new, seeing something out of the norm, trying new food and meeting new people and there's nothing that gives you all of this more than visiting new countries around the world.
Travelling the globe is one of the most popular activities for a lot of people. This works out great for families especially, because there's nothing that can provide a more bonding experience than setting out to a new place and exploring new sights and cultures together. Having said that, you can always expect some hiccups along the way that could take the joy out of your travelling experience, but the fact is you can always improvise and refuse to get bogged down.
Have you ever wished you had someone to give you top travel tips before you set out on a journey? Regardless of whether you are a seasoned explorer of continents or just somebody taking baby steps on your journey as an international tourist, here are ten travel hacks that will definitely add value to your vacation on so many levels.
1. Hotels can be great in the beginning, but as you travel more and if you're on a limited budget, you start looking for options that are less expensive and more convenient for you, especially when you're travelling with your family. Today, just about any popular tourist spot will give you the option to rent out a home or even a single room in a house to meet your exact needs. While it serves up all the facilities and hospitality you could expect from a hotel, you can get it at less than half the cost of booking a hotel room.
2. One of the life changing travel cheats you need to know about, has to do with your documents. When you walk around with your passport, personal identification cards, credit cards and other valuables and documents, it's easy to take them lightly. Anything can happen on a trip. You could get robbed or you could misplace your passport. Use the scanner app on your phone to copy all your important documentation and mail them to yourself. This way, you will always have an extra copy that you can retrieve regardless of what happens, even if you lose your phone.
3. Marking your baggage fragile will help cut down on the waiting time for your luggage and it will be handled with the care you always wanted. Bags marked "Fragile" are kept on top of the heap and this gives it a better chance of being released earlier.
4. Would you like to have better access to amazing flight deals while you travel? Try putting your computer in incognito mode and make sure you clear your cookies.
5. Drinking water is an underrated cost. You can't depend on packaged water everywhere you go. Make a point to have an empty water bottle handy that you can fill up whenever possible. You will save an amazing sum of money through this.
6. They're okay when you're sitting around at home, but loose cables can be quite hard to handle when you're running around. Roll them up and put them into a sunglass case, so you don't spend precious minutes untangling them every time.
7. You can't list out tips for travellers without touching on the value of space. Roll your clothes instead of folding them. You don’t have to worry about creases and you get tons of space to stuff more things in. The less luggage you carry, the less you have to worry about.
8. Make a list of souvenirs before you get to your location and stay loyal to it. This will save you a ton of money on "inspired" shopping expeditions. You can thank us later for this tip.
9. You can have all the fried chicken you want at home. When abroad eat the local food and discover the cuisines from cheap local restaurants.
10. Try to blend in. Don’t be a snob. Try to dress as a local as much as you can and you will be greeted with respect and love. It also gives a good impression of wherever you're from.
Above all, get out there and enjoy the ride!